Peter Morrell mixes up a storm of delicious drinks to enjoy at the end of August1800 Tequila
The world’s most awarded tequila, 1800 is the original premium tequila; named after the year the category was born. Made using only 100% Blue Weber agave, this is a top of the range tequila redefining how people approach the Mexican spirit. 1800 Tequila is available from Tesco for £30.
The 1800 Tequila Silver is double distilled so pours crystal clear. There are good aromas of agave and citrus on the nose with hints spice. As it moves to the palate the agave and citrus persist, and the spice strengthens to become a more distinct black pepper flavour. It has a slightly buttery mouthfeel with vanilla and vegetal tones. The finish is grassy with good length.
- Cubed Ice
- 50ml 1800 Silver Tequila
- 10ml Fresh Lime Juice (½ a Lime)
- 10ml Organic Agave Nectar
- Top Pink Grapefruit Soda
- Thin Grapefruit Wedge
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Dip the rim of your glass into pink Himalayan salt.
- To this glass, add ice, 1800 Silver Tequila, lime juice, and organic agave nectar. Top with pink grapefruit soda
- Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and enjoy!
Jose Cuervo Especial
Jose Cuervo has become synonymous with good times over the years. The world’s best-selling tequila, this bottle fuels parties across the globe; always challenging hedonists to refresh their horizons and try something different. Jose Cuervo Especial Reposado and Silver is available on Amazon for £21.
The Jose Cuervo Especial Reposado Tequila has been aged in oak barrels which gives it a bright amber colour. The bouquet has abundant aromas of baked agave with warming spices, and tones of honey. On the palate the tequila has a slightly creamy texture, and there is a burst of mouth filling flavours. The agave remains and is joined by more pronounced mixed spice flavours, toasty oak, and herbs. The oak and peppery finish is strong and persistent., and look out for the intriguing floral note at the end.
Jose Cuervo Margarita
- 50ml Jose Cuervo Especial – Silver or Reposado
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 25ml agave syrup
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Lime for garnish
- Salt for rim of glass
- Cut lime wheels. Run one lime wheel around the rim of your glass then dip the glass in salt.
- Add ice to your glass.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake for a few minutes, then strain into your glass
- Garnish with a lime wheel, and enjoy